March 27, 2014

Leaning on Some Friends I Know



Hi IRONFRIENDS! Can you believe that we are about 5 months our from IRONMAN Mont Tremblant? The entire experience for training for another IRONMAN has had it's up's and down and I am so happy to be here and in great spirit. I have an amazing support team behind me (all of you) and I am so grateful to share the mission of TNT and the fight for a cure. I owe a huge THANK YOU to all of you for tipping me over the half way mark to $5000!! You are all amazing and I appreciate you!

Let me tell you a little about what I've been up to- last week I had the opportunity to return to Louisville and the home of my first IRONMAN. It was so re-energizing to be there and I just completely took it in. I ran the swim and the run course (photos below) and had a blast. I will definitely be going back to Louisville in 2015 to conquer that course now that I understand a little more about the demand of an August race in the dead heat like that. And I am pleased to say that I found the Churchill Downs (since I missed it at IMLOU)!


Training feels like it is starting to pick up again and I am balancing everything well. I have to admit that I am really itching to get outside and ride my bike outdoors. Coach keeps telling me to be patient. Lots of awesome fundraisers coming up. My friend Bonnie is hosting an Origami Owl party for me, she also is letting the club host a spin-a-thon for a fundraiser and I am working on another bowling event. Each day is one step closer. I wouldn't be here without all your love and support!

Love You!  Mandy

SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS