December 30, 2014

Merry Christmas-- You're going to Ironman 70.3 Subic Bay!


All my life I have tried to look through a lens that valued experiences over things. I love to soak up the sun on a warm day, feel the wind in my air when on my bike, and experiencing the warm and fuzzies. Luckily, I am marrying a man who feels the exact same way. The bond we share through a mutual passion for living a life of health and happiness is extraordinary. I can't really explain it fully but I know that I am so lucky to have him.



Flash back a few months ago when we were planing our honeymoon to the Philippines I had been joking that there is a Challenge 140.6 race in Subic Bay just a few days before we get there (actually on the day of our wedding to be exact) and that we should of better planned our trip (or wedding date).  Totally joking and pulling his leg that I should do a race on our honeymoon.

What were the odds that just shortly after that IRONMAN announced the inaugural 70.3 on the last day of our honeymoon in Christian's hometown. Lucky for him, I had no idea or I would have totally thought about racing it. Anyways I really only follow Ironman North America so I didn't even get the announcement when they added the race.

On Christmas Christian surprised me with an entry into the inaugural race which takes place on March 8, 2015 in Subic Bay Philippines. Ironically it's the last day of our honeymoon and what a awesome way to finish it out! So not only do we get to go and experience the most beautiful islands in the world, but I actually get to feel the wind in my face, the sun on my back, and the warm and fuzzies crossing the finish-line in Christian's hometown.

Let's just say I am one lucky Lady! Ironman 70.3 Subic Bay--- Here I come!

SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS